Saturday, July 12, 2008

The Smithsonian Zoo

This was the coolest zoo, mainly because of the Pandas, but not for the heat/humidity factor, or the ups and downs of the hills within the zoo. I was drenched with sweat by the end of the day, I have never sweat so much in my life. The humidity was horrible!

Ava excited to be wearing her monkey! Everytime she see this thing, she makes her monkey noises. (I have to hide it at the house)
The main reason we came to the Zoo, the Giant Pandas, this was the baby and we walked out of the Panda House just in time, the Panda had just started eating it's "ice popcicle" and we were the first ones to see, Ava couldn't stop staring at it and she even screamed when we finally had to let others get a chance to view it as well. They are such interesting creatures, I have always been facsinated by them since my sister was when we were younger.

So cute, we were seriously about 5 feet from it.
Nana, me and Ava at the enterence of the Zoo.
The bald Eagle, I took this one for Nate, he loves Eagles.
I love this picture...
and this one! The tiger has his tongue out!
Ava overcoming her fear of cows and posing in the picture with me, she wouldn't do it by herself. She used to cry when we made cow noises for her, it was really funny, except we started to feel bad about making her cry on purpose.
Another cool picture.


1 comments:

alexis said...

lol! i love that she is scared of cows, and that is hilarious about making her cry on purpose. it's so funny!